Tuesday, June 07, 2005

[concert] Erasure with Elkland

Date: June 4, 2005 (Saturday)
Time: 8pm door
Venue: Massey Hall

Erasure touring for the 2005 Erasure show with Elkland.

[Elkland]
Mmm... they are like like blur + cure + L'arc~en~Ciel divided by 3? Their music style will fit into the 80's fine, but they have some edge to them. I love the way the lead vocalist dances! He kinda dances rigid and with swinging arms, but arched back ... so it's neat watching him sideways. There is noooo way I can do what he does. I wonder if he took any ballet or gymnastics? (See their video on the web site if you're interested in how he dances). I fell in love with some of the songs they did, but their set was way too short! We kind of missed the beginning of their set (because we were looking at the merch and stuff) but I think we only saw like 3 songs? They must've only done about 5 songs. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. After they were done, I went to the merch desk again to snatch up their debut cd for $15. The one I got was one of the 5 remaining, they went really quick. Vince and Andy did a good job picking them for the tour, Erasure fans would like them a lot.

[Erasure]
Erasure set started off behind the curtains... you'd see just the shadows of people with wings. The crowd was going nutty, I think that segment was rather long but very effective. You can see Andy right away, since he's the biggest of the 'angels'... and then right after the first song, the curtain comes down and we see 2 girls with wings and Andy with wings. :) Vince was there also, in his own strange costume... If Andy was the fallen Angel, then Vince was a pilot of some sort... so strange.
Overall, Andy had 3 costume changes - The angel, followed by a glittery suit, followed by these sparkly um, let's put it this way, sparkly underwear that resembles what Superman might wear (except it's sparkly). Anyway, it was fun to see him doing his thang.

The concert was short, I thought, but they played a lot of popular old track (including some that I've never heard live before) so the crowds in this concert was a lot more happier than the last. The last concert was rather subdued and the crowds were sitting down most of the concert. But at this one, I was able to stand for most of it, which was great!

After the concert, we waited for them to come out, just to find out that they left quickly for Fashion Cares event. Darn. I still haven't met them. Oh well... hopefully next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home