Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lupin the 3rd

So I've been watching TechTV lately for Lupin the 3rd (ルパン3世) as it's been on pretty much every night lately. It's pretty kewl that such an old show is on tv. It's dubbed of course which sucks because you don't hear the distinct voicing of Lupin or Zenigata in Japanese. (yeah, no ふっじこちゃわ~ん♪)Though I was pretty impressed with the voice dub of Zenigata - they got the raspy voice right. Quite disappointed about Lupin's voice though.
The version they're showing right now is the most common of the Lupin series I guess - Lupin the 3rd is wearing a red jacket. I remember watching this when I was in Japan, so it is quite old...
What I find interesting are the phrases/words the translators or the voices obviously put in. For example, the overuse of the word "friggin". I really don't remember what they say in the Japanese version, but that word comes up a lot in an episode of English Lupin. If you're playing a drinking game, I think that would be a good word to start. haha. I think Jigen is the one that uses that word the most. It makes me want to watch the Japanese version just to check what they say!!! ...anybody know where I can watch the Japanese version??? ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home