Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fun fun weekend... and work...

This weekend was a very fulfilling weekend! It's great when that happens, but the problem is, you pay for it on Monday...

Saturday, I went shopping for father's day during the day. Wandering around the mall with all these other people who are shopping for exactly the same reason is tiring! The card shop was quite busy and a lot of cards were gone. They have all sorts of cards nowadays, like for first time fathers, stepfathers, fathers from the kids, fathers from the wife, for grandfathers, etc. etc. One card that they seem to have lots of - was labelled "No. 1 dad in America" with a big huge american flag behind the dad... hahaha, who'd thought they'd sell those in Canada? I suppose it's for people who have their parents living in the states...

After the shopping, we got together with Carol and we went out for dinner, movie and dessert. We went to eat at Amore and then we went to see Oceans 13. I wasn't expecting much other than just a funny, light movie with lots of familiar casts, and that's what I got. I liked this one better than Oceans 12, but I think I like Oceans 11 best. This may be a little bit of a spoiler, maybe, but the best thing about this new one, is that they didn't spend time on explaining how the heist is going to be done. The others they spent time on how they are going to do it, and the whole process... this one was more straight forward, get things done. Lots more places to laugh too... so definitely was a good pick to see this one. - Carol - it was fun! We have go out again!

Sunday we spent the time with my parents and my hubby's parents. We first went to my parents to relax and watch the US open with my dad as he was having a lazy sunday afternoon. We fixed the laptop which was giving my dad a problem. (Ok, I didn't do anything... playing with the cat is also fun. hahaha ) Then we went home for dinner, then headed to my hubby's parents place where we chatted and fixed their computer. (Ok, again, I didn't do a thing... ;) Came home late but it was pretty fulfilling weekend! Wish Monday never came...

Work has been rather frusterating lately. I find I am more frusterated and stressed at work lately more than ever. Before I was just stressed I suppose, but now I'm adding frusteration to the mix. My office's new policy on less meetings have been implemented since February or so... but I find not having any meetings really does not help. Sure, we're not wasting time in a meeting - but I always found meetings useful. It's a space to discuss the product and discuss the direction we are going. My bosses think going through and discussing bugs are useless, and sometimes it becomes very tiresome. I agree there, but I am also finding that I am confused a lot and not having an outlet to discuss about it. Everything just gets lost in endless space of emails... so it does help to have a nice weekend to forget this stuff. Laugh, smile, enjoy yummy food & company - I need more of that these days... anybody up for it? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home